Step 1: Pre-Travel Consultation
Pre-Travel consultations have proven to be extremely beneficial to travelers. During the visit, travelers learn about the difficulties and risks that they might face when they arrive their destinations. Our experienced physicians make sure that they educate travelers enough so they can prevent themselves from potential infections and diseases. Please call us today to setup your pre-Travel consultation.
Step 2: Get Vaccinations/Travel Products
Make sure that you have all the required immunizations before you travel overseas. You can call us anytime to find out all the required and recommended immunizations for your trip and your destination. In some cases, foreign countries require a document stating that you have received necessary immunizations. Please call us today to schedule an appointment.
We also provide Travel Safety products to make sure that we offer a complete service to our travelers. Our products have been rated as the best quality products and have been consistently maintaining customer satisfaction ratings. We have also focused on beating the cost of these products in our area and other parts of US. Please call us today to find out about our quality safety products
Step 3: Post-Travel Consultation
It is very important to understand that post-travel visits can help and safe-guard travelers. Often viruses are not active when travelers arrive home but post-travel visits can diagnose these viruses. Please call us today to schedule post-travel appointments.
Everyone, regardless of age, needs a passport for international travel. There are new requirements for passport applications for minors under 16 years old. The person applying for the passport for the minor must demonstrate that both parents consent to the issuance of a passport to the child or that the applying parent has the sole authority to obtain a passport.
A child departing the United States with only one parent, a guardian, grandparents or other adults, must have written and notarized permission from both birth parents and legal guardians to enter many countries.
Keep your passport in a safe place while traveling. Remember to make copies of your passport and other important documents. Take a copy with you and store it separately from the original. Leave another copy with someone at home.
Travelers should be very careful in choosing to drive overseas. Rent vehicles that have all the safety features including seat belts and air bags. Make sure that all the traffic laws and completely understood and the proper training is received from instructors.
Please check with your cell phone carrier before you leave to make sure the coverage because GSM technology is used in most of the world, outside the U.S. You can purchase or rent a GSM phone to use abroad. Purchasing may be more economical if you travel for several weeks or travel repeatedly. You will also need to purchase a SIM card to program GSM phone.
Some countries use 220 V electricity. It’s advised to take an adapter with you for your electrical devices.
Medical Care Abroad
It is important that travelers understand how to deal with a medical situation and get proper medical care when traveling overseas. American Embassadors, travel agents can help in the case when medical care is needed. Remember to gain enough information about the Embassadors and the consulates. Travelers should also make sure that their medical insurance is valid and can be used overseas. Call your insurance provider today to find out the details. U.S. Department of State has the list of travel insurance and medical evacuation companies.
Types of Insurance:
Trip Cancellation Insurance
You may want to consider trip cancellation insurance, particularly if you are planning a very expensive trip. Any trip may be subject to cancellation from unexpected events and emergencies. While this is always disappointing, insurance can protect you from full financial loss. There are many insurance vendors available. Some credit cards offer their customers various levels of insurance coverage for unplanned cancellations if you paid for your trip with their card. Contact your credit card carrier for specifics.
There are many other plans like:
- Trip Interruption
- Travel Delay
- Baggage and personal Effects
- Baggage Delay
- Emergency evacuation
- Travel Assistance
- Medical Expense
And many other different types of plans available please check if any plans suites your need.
There is nothing more important that your health and while traveling we need to make sure that you are prepared for any situation that may arise during your travel. Please carefully go through the list and remember to cover all the important facts.
- Proof of VaccinationsSome countries need proofs in form of International Certificates to verify that you have received required vaccinations. Please call us today to find out about required vaccines for your destination.
- Insurance CardConfirm with your insurance that you have the coverage outside of US. In some case, you do need an additional coverage which you need to establish before traveling. You can call your insurance company to get more information on your plan and their coverage.
- Health InformationAny information regarding your health that includes allergies, blood type, surgeries and other information that you think can help doctors in case of an emergency is recommended to be listed on a document.
- First-Aid KitWhen you are traveling abroad, there could be a challenge getting first-aid. We suggest all of our patients to take the following items with them. In some countries, these items could cost travelers a lot of money due to unavailability and inflation.
- Constipation remedy
- Antihistamine tablets
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Thermometer, scissors, tweezers
- Sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses
- Motion sickness medication
- Diarrhea treatment
- Insect repellent
- Adhesive bandages and antiseptic ointment
- PrescriptionsWe have always recommended travelers to take prescriptions with them and our physicians make sure that they remind travelers about prescriptions. We believe that little extra care can save lives and we are dedicated to our mission.
Travelers have to face many challenges and some of these challenges come from different time zome, different food, and environment. Some education and tips can help travelers better deal with some of the following issues.
It is one of the very common issues while traveling overseas. Remember to avoid caffeine and any medicine that would keep you awake for longer periods. Stretch legs and arms when possible and also try to walk around to stimulate blood circulation. It also helps not to sleep when it is daylight time in the destination country.